21 January 2010

Testing out Post Pages feature with Blogger in draft

I hope I can turn this into a page with its' own permalink. According to a tutorial I found on , it seems like THE killer feature Blogger has been missing in comparison to WordPress. Adding Post Pages to a Blogspot hosted blog can turn it into a full fledged online blogging platform, with all the benefits of Google cloud hosting and monetization options offered by AdSense and Google affiliate programs. This is where Google truly shines in comparison to other online service providers: It allows anyone, even without a budget, to become an online publisher, equal in potential to even the largest publishers on the web. Blogger in draft as default I've enabled "Blogger in draft" on the blog dashboard and made it the default state of my Blogger editing environment, but so far haven't found a way to turn an existing post into a Page Post. Since this is a new page, I hope it could be turned into a Page Post during the publishing process. Let's see if that works...

Addendum: After publishing the post

Regretfully, I didn't get the anticipated Page Post publishing option. This could be a bug or maybe Google has taken off this feature without prior notice. I posted a question on the Blogger help forum regarding this issue and hope someone directs me to the solution soon. Will update once I get more info on this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment